Looking for Unique?
Open Arms is a new and different kind of church. We are unique in our mission and the way that we do church. Here's why!
1) Everyone is Welcome. . .Including you - The phrase that "everyone is welcome" is said by a lot of places, but we truly mean it. We are an inclusive community. We leave all of the judging to God. This not only means that anyone can attend, but that anyone can be a member, participate, be baptized, or anything else.
2) Church should be fun! - We take Jesus seriously, but we don't think that church should ever be routine or boring. We worship an exciting God, and we aren't scared to laugh, have fun, and be filled with joy.
3) We are a "Refuge Church!" We made that term up! To us, the term means that we are a non-judgmental place that doesn't kick people out. We are a safe place for those who have been hurt by other churches, have a negative view of church, or who even get PTSD at the mention of the word. At Open Arms Refuge Church, you are free to attend and explore what you believe, while not feeling judged, or looked down on.
4) We treat everyone as equals - We aren't just LGBTQ+ friendly but believe the Word of God teaches that there is nothing wrong with them. Many churches ignore those verses, while taking others out of context, but the Bible teaches equality.
5) We believe in going to the people - We are a mobile church. Our home base is the theater, and we will always have people there on Sunday, but we also want to go to different communities in Little Rock, unpack our trailer, and bring worship to different places. We believe that the church is not the building. The church is the people, and the people can meet anywhere.
6) We believe in the power of Scripture - The Word of God is our authority in all that we do.
7) We believe in the flexibility of being non-denominational. - We answer only to God. We are able to use all of our resources to go into the communities of Arkansas and to make Little Rock a better place to live.
No matter what your Christian background is (or isn't), we hope that you'll join us this Sunday.